Wednesday 23 March 2011

Running around!

So today I went in to the foundry, quickly bought some cement, mixed it up with soft/ silver sand and added the water. Once the cement was ready I added it to the the box I made yesterday and now all I have to do is wait a couple of days for it to dry. One of my made idioms is basically done which I'm happy with.

Although still got 2 more to make, one of my ideas was to create the idiom 'know/ learn the ropes'. The plan was to get 2 different thicknesses of ropes and have the thicker one on the bottom layer and the thinner one on the bottom. The top rope will spell out the word idiom in a cursive kind of font. All joined up by one rope. So I've found some small rope which I can buy from Homebase or B&Q but I'm not sure how much to buy (pay by the meter). So first I need to find a really thick rope; 30mm or thicker. After looking everywhere around my area I resorted to the internet where I looked up a couple of places that might have the rope I'm looking for. So tomorrow I'll be trying to find some rope and I'll report back to my blog if theres a problem. Definitely back on track!

Example of cursive type. The letters are all joined up with excessive loops that are really not needed. My bit of type will say 'Idiom' in rope.

No comments:

Post a Comment