Thursday 17 March 2011

A Chip of the Old Block

I've been meaning to do this blog post for a while but I have been so busy, which is pretty strange as most of this project I have been more on the lazy side. Plus I have needed time to wrap my head around this possible FINAL idea I have been thinking about constantly for the last couple of days.

So I will try and explain my idea;
So first I experimented with photographing idioms,
Then I moved onto experimenting with looking at literal phrases, and producing small bits of work on literal words.
Now I want to incorporate both of these and come of the paper and make my chosen idiom.
My idiom I have chosen is - 'A Chip of the Old Block'

How I am going to produce this is still being figured out at the moment through ideas, testing and succeeding. The idea is quite simple although confusing to explain...I plan to make my idiom 3D and literal. That is all I shall say at this point.

The last couple of days I have been in the workshop trying to create my idiom through experimentation, I shall hoepfully upload the photos of this process on the weekend and maybe scan in pages of my sketchbooks to show my ideas and references.

back soon,
the project is finally coming together!

No comments:

Post a Comment