Sunday 27 March 2011

Pick Me Up Exhibition and Sean Freeman

A lot of my friends went to this exhibition and told me great things about it so I thought I would pop down and see if I could find any inspiration. The exhibition was great, saw lots of cool stuff although not many 3D pieces of illustration/ typography which I was hoping for, most of the work was flat on paper which is fine but didn't relate much to my work. I got talking to this one guy asking about one piece, and the conversation moved on to me and my FMP, so I told him my idea and he suggested a illustrator/ typography expert he knew. So I went home and looked him up and his work was
AMAZING. 
Very relevant to my work and although it's not 3D the whole concept is the same in being that he's illustrating the word or idea using the word in it. Heres a couple of my favourites, plus one of his pieces was a lot like my 'good money for old rope idiom'.



Like I said above, this was the piece that is very relevant to my rope idiom, He hasn't made it 3D but probably on Photoshop by photographing rope then creating it from that. Really like the contrast int he piece and how the rope fades out into the darkness.


This piece was particularly relevant to me because he's used the word 'Cannabis' in the piece and illustrated it within the concept of the idea, which happens to me your eyes get very red and veiny when you smoke cannabis.


Saw this piece on the tube before I knew who did it, great piece of Computer Arts work. Brilliant!

No comments:

Post a Comment